ARTICLE 2. DISPENSING OF DRUGS BY
In addition to the definitions in A.R.S. §§ 32-2901, 32-2933, and
32-2951, the following definitions apply in this Chapter:
1. "Administer" means the direct application of a controlled
substance, prescription-only drug, dangerous drug as defined in
A.R.S. § 13-3401, narcotic drug as defined in A.R.S. §13-3401,
homeopathic medication, natural substance, or non-prescription
drug, whether by injection, inhalation, ingestion, or any other
means, to the body of a patient or research subject by a
homeopathic physician, a homeopathic physician's nurse or
assistant, or by the patient or research subject at a homeopathic
2. "Label" means a display of written, printed, or graphic matter
on the immediate container of an article and, on the outside
wrapper or container, if the display on the immediate wrapper or
container is not easily legible through the outside wrapper.
3. "Labeling" means all labels and other written, printed, or
a. On an article or any of its containers or wrappers and
b. Accompanying the article.
4. "Manufacturer" means each person who prepares, derives,
produces, compounds, processes, packages or repackages, or labels
a drug in a place devoted to manufacturing the drug, but does not
include a pharmacy, pharmacist, or physician.
5. "Natural substance" means an herbal phytotherapeutic or oxygen,
carbon, or nitrogen-based therapeutic agent, vitamin, mineral, or
food-factor concentrate isolated from animal, vegetable, or
mineral sources for nutritional augmentation.
6. "Official compendium" means the latest revisions of the
Pharmacopoeia of the United States and the Homeopathic
Pharmacopoeia of the United States, the latest revision of the
National Formulary, or any current supplement.
7. "Packaging" means the act or process of placing a drug in a
container to dispense or distribute the drug.
8. "Pharmaceutical drug" means a drug intended for use in
preventing or curing disease or relieving pain.